Christians have always believed that the Spirit is not just the power of God in an impersonal way. He is a Person of the Trinity in His own right. But how do we know that from the Bible? Here are some incredible evidences:
3. The Spirit makes decisions. Acts 15:28
3. The Spirit can be grieved. Ephesians 4:30
4. The Spirit can be outraged. Hebrews 10:29
6. The Spirit can forbid or prevent human speech and plans. Acts 16:6-7
7. The Spirit searches everything and comprehends God’s thoughts. 1 Corinthians 2:10-11
8. The Spirit apportions spiritual gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:11
9. The Spirit helps us, intercedes for us, and has a mind. Romans 8:26-27
10. The Spirit bears witness to believers about their adoption. Romans 8:16
11. The Spirit bears witness to Christ. John 15:26
12. The Spirit glorifies Christ, takes what is Christ, and declares it to believers. John 16:14
via Justin Taylor, read the whole thing here.
Of course, if the Spirit is a Person than He must not be merely read about but experienced. In fact, it is the primary work of the Spirit to bring experience into our lives – like of the Father’s love, or the Son’s atonement. Let’s open up ourselves to Him. Come Holy Spirit!